STRAWBERRY CREAM PIE WITH CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE — A sweetened cream cheese pie filling is topped with fresh sliced strawberries and finished off with a drizzle of chocolate.
One of the things I love about Pinterest is that when we have a birthday or special occasion, I can have my kids scour my Pinterest boards to choose a dessert for their special day.
My oldest son chose this Strawberry Cream Pie with Chocolate Drizzle for his 17th birthday a few weeks ago. It was an excellent choice–easy to make and incredibly delicious too!
On a side note, I really can’t believe I have a 17 year-old. That’s how old my husband was when we met. Crazy!
Now, back to the pie….you can use your favorite pie crust recipe, or use a pre-made crust. If you’re looking for a great homemade pie crust recipe, Grandma’s Secret Pie Crust is my favorite.
The amount of strawberries you’ll need can vary greatly, depending on their size, so the amount listed in the recipe is just a general guideline.
And if you don’t like the taste of almond extract (or don’t have any) vanilla extract is a great substitution.Print
A sweetened cream cheese pie filling is topped with fresh sliced strawberries and finished off with a drizzle of chocolate.
For the pie
- 1 crust for a single crust pie, cooked and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 16-20 strawberries, quartered or halved (depending on size)
For the chocolate drizzle
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, almond extract and lemon juice until light and fluffy.
- Beat whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared crust and smooth top. Arrange strawberries over the top of the filling.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips. Let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate and cream until smooth and shiny. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate pie for at least 2 hours before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Chef in Training.