LEMON CHICKEN POTATO CASSEROLE — Sliced Yukon Gold potatoes, chunks of tender chicken and lemon wedges, baked in a creamy sauce.
This Lemon Chicken Potato Casserole is the epitome of comfort food. And it’s so easy to put together!
This casserole has just the right amount of lemon flavor, and the chicken is tender and juicy. Plus, my kids raved about it, which is a big bonus! There’s nothing better than an easy meal that the whole family loves.
I like a saucy casserole, but if you don’t, consider reducing the cream (or half and half) by a quarter cup.
The Yukon Gold potatoes really are perfect in this dish–the color really compliments the lemon–but you could certainly substitute another variety, like Russets, and this dish would be just as tasty.
And the fresh parsley garnish really is a wonderful accompaniment to the lemon. This casserole will definitely be making a regular appearance on our dinner menu.
Be sure to save this Lemon Chicken Potato Casserole recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Sliced Yukon Gold potatoes, chunks of tender chicken and lemon wedges, baked in a creamy sauce.
- 2 (10.5 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup half and half or cream
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large lemon, halved and thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soup and half and half or cream.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Pour in the condensed soup mixture and stir gently until the potatoes and chicken are evenly coated.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Tuck the lemon wedges randomly into the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the foil and turn the oven to broil setting. Broil for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Gimme Some Oven