If you love the combination of chocolate and cherries, then you’re going to love these Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies.
If you don’t care for dark chocolate, semi-sweet will work too. And regular chocolate chips can be used in place of chunks.
The dried cherries are what makes these cookies really special. You may even want to throw in a few extra!Print
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- 1 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars for 3-4 minutes with an electric mixer on high speed.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat 2 minutes more.
- Stir in sour cream, salt, soda and baking powder.
- Blend in flour, 1 cup at a time. Stir in chocolate chips and dried cherries
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookies sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just brown around the edges.
This is an original recipe.