I love the combination of dark chocolate and tangy fruit–raspberry, cranberry, strawberry and cherry–they all pair perfectly with chocolate! And I’ve been thinking about putting dark chocolate and tart dried cherries into my favorite cookie dough for quite awhile. Honestly, I don’t know what took me so long, because these cookies are amazing!
If you don’t care for dark chocolate, semi-sweet will work too. And regular chocolate chips can be used in place of chunks. The dried cherries are what makes these cookies really special. You may even want to throw in a few extra!
Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- 1 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars for 3-4 minutes with an electric mixer on high speed.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat 2 minutes more.
- Stir in sour cream, salt, soda and baking powder.
- Blend in flour, 1 cup at a time. Stir in chocolate chips and dried cherries
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookies sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just brown around the edges.
This is an original recipe.