I’m so glad that Spring has finally arrived! I can’t wait for the bright, beautiful colors of the season to make an appearance. And I’m definitely ready to bake up some springtime treats. Which is why I’m so excited about the bold new Funfetti cake mix and frosting colors from Pillsbury®. Now you can create all kinds of bright and bold baked goods in colors like Aqua Blue, Orange All Star, Neon Yellow and Vibrant Green.
The bright new colors reminded me of beautiful spring blooms, so I decided to create some fun daisy cookies with the neon yellow cake mix and frosting. The great thing about this recipe is that you could use any of Pillsbury’s BOLD Funfetti colors–just choose coordinating colored sugar to match. These cookies make a beautiful presentation, but they’re really quite simple to put together.
This is a great recipe to make with kids. They can help cut the marshmallows and shake them in the colored sugar. Mine even helped arrange the marshmallow petals on the frosted cookies and they came out beautifully. I love cooking and baking with my kids, and this recipe was perfect for including them in the kitchen. We’re already looking forward to making more daisy cookies in different colors to celebrate Easter.
One of the things I love about these cake mixes is that they come in 8.25 ounce pouches. So if you want to create a multi-colored layer cake, you don’t have to use an entire box of cake mix for just one layer. And every tub of frosting comes with candy sprinkles to help you celebrate even more!
Whatever you make with Pillsbury’s bold new cake mixes and frostings, be sure to share your baked creations between now and April 28, 2014 via the Pillsbury Baking Facebook page, Instagram or Statigram using the hashtag #GoBold and tag @PillsburyBaking and you could win an assortment of Pillsbury Funfetti & BOLD cake mixes and frostings. Eight winners will be announced weekly!
Pillsbury’s new bold Funfetti cake mixes and frostings are available in stores now. Be sure to visit Pillsbury Baking for more information, plus tips and recipes for going bold with the newest Funfetti colors.
Spring Daisy Cookies
- 1 (8.25 oz.) pouch Pillsbury Bold Funfetti cake mix
- 1 (16 oz.) tub Pillsbury Funfetti Bold frosting
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup colored sugar to match cake mix and frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, egg, flour, oil and water until a smooth dough forms.
- Using a large cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons per cookie) drop dough onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- With the bottom of a glass, flatten each dough ball to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until cookies are just set and beginning to brown. Cool completely.
- While cookies cool, pour colored sugar into a small zip top bag.
- Snip marshmallows in half horizontally and add them to the bag with the colored sugar. Close the bag and shake well, allowing the sugar to coat the sticky part of the cut marshmallow.
- Frost cooled cookies with desired amount of frosting.
- Starting on the outside edge, arrange the marshmallow petals in a circle around the cookie. Repeat twice, forming two more circles of petals inside the first, being sure to leave some of the frosting exposed in the center of the cookie.
- Store in an airtight container.