I often let my kids choose a dinner menu and help prepare the food, and I’ve got to tell you, they come up with some pretty brilliant ideas. My 8th grader came up with these Salted Caramel Twix Parfaits and they were a huge hit. Huge! Besides being no-bake, these fun little desserts are really easy to put together, which is the perfect formula for inviting kids to help in the kitchen.
My favorite part is the salted caramel whipped cream. It’s definitely something I’ll be using in future recipes. Or maybe I’ll just mix up a batch and eat it straight from the bowl. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m almost positive that several other candy bars would also be great in this recipe–Milky Way, Snickers and Kit Kat come to mind right off the bat. We got 8 parfaits from this recipe using small (4 ounce) jars, but you may get a few less depending on the size of your dishes.
Salted Caramel Twix Parfaits
- 1 (11.4 oz.) bag Twix fun size candy bars, unwrapped (about 20)
- 1 (3.9 oz.) package instant chocolate pudding
- 1 3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup jarred caramel sauce + more for garnish (if desired)
- Chop Twix bars into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Beat in the sugar, salt and caramel sauce.
- Divide half of the chopped Twix bars between 6-8 glass serving bowls or jars. Top the Twix layers with half of the salted caramel whipped cream.
- Layer the pudding over the whipped cream, dividing evenly between the jars. Place the remaining Twix bars over the chocolate pudding layer.
- Top with the remaining whipped cream and drizzle with additional caramel sauce, if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.