I love deviled eggs. Love! And the crispy bacon in these Bacon Deviled Eggs only makes them better. These eggs are a perfect addition to a brunch buffet. They also make great appetizers, and are fantastic protein packed snacks. Of course, I usually eat a few too many to call it a snack…..so I’m going to say they’re also great as a light lunch!
A little secret for getting your deviled eggs to sit flat on a plate or platter. Remove a tiny slice from the underside of the egg. This will create a flat bottom for the egg to rest on. No more deviled eggs tipping and sliding around your serving tray!
Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 8 peeled hard-boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and gently scoop the yolks into a medium bowl. Set aside the whites.
- Mash the yolks with a fork, then stir in the mayonnaise, green onions, Dijon mustard, vinegar and cayenne.
- Stir in about 3/4 of the cooked, crumbled bacon, reserving the rest for garnish. Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into the reserved whites. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and additional green onion, if desired. Cover and chill for up to four hours before serving.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from My Recipes.