I love deviled eggs. Love! And the crispy bacon in these Bacon Deviled Eggs only makes them better.
These eggs are a perfect addition to a brunch buffet. They also make great appetizers, and are fantastic protein packed snacks.
Of course, I usually eat a few too many to call it a snack…..so I’m going to say they’re also great as a light lunch!
A little secret for getting your deviled eggs to sit flat on a plate or platter. Remove a tiny slice from the underside of the egg.
This will create a flat bottom for the egg to rest on. No more deviled eggs tipping and sliding around your serving tray!Print
- 8 peeled hard-boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and gently scoop the yolks into a medium bowl. Set aside the whites.
- Mash the yolks with a fork, then stir in the mayonnaise, green onions, Dijon mustard, vinegar and cayenne.
- Stir in about 3/4 of the cooked, crumbled bacon, reserving the rest for garnish. Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into the reserved whites. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and additional green onion, if desired. Cover and chill for up to four hours before serving.
- Serving Size: 8
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from My Recipes.