BACON DEVILED EGGS — Crispy bacon, green onion and a hint of cayenne pepper are added to traditional deviled eggs in this kicked up version of the classic stuffed egg appetizer.
I love deviled eggs. Love! And the crispy bacon in these Bacon Deviled Eggs only makes them better. Because, as we all know, bacon makes everything better.
These eggs are a perfect addition to a brunch buffet. They also make great appetizers, and are fantastic protein packed snacks.
Of course, I usually eat a few too many to call it a snack…..so I’m going to say they’re also great as a light lunch! Really, I can’t eat just one or two of these delicious stuffed eggs.
Maybe that’s why they’re called deviled eggs…..because they’re so tempting!
A little secret for getting your deviled eggs to sit flat on a plate or platter. Remove a tiny slice from the underside of the egg. This will create a flat bottom for the egg to rest on. No more deviled eggs tipping and sliding around your serving tray!
If you love deviled eggs as much as I do, then this bacon version is a must try. I hope you like them as much as I do. Try not to eat too many!
Be sure to save this Bacon Deviled Eggs recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.Print
Bacon Deviled Eggs
Crispy bacon, green onion and a hint of cayenne pepper are added to traditional deviled eggs in this kicked up version of the classic stuffed egg appetizer.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
- 8 peeled hard-boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and gently scoop the yolks into a medium bowl. Set aside the whites.
- Mash the yolks with a fork, then stir in the mayonnaise, green onions, Dijon mustard, vinegar and cayenne.
- Stir in about 3/4 of the cooked, crumbled bacon, reserving the rest for garnish. Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into the reserved whites. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and additional green onion, if desired. Cover and chill for up to four hours before serving.
Keywords: eggs, bacon, deviled
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from My Recipes.