I often let my kids choose all or part of our dinner menu, and when they choose, they also help cook. I confess, I’m not always excited about their choices. They must have better taste than I do though, because I always end up loving everything they help me make.
Don’t get me wrong, I knew these Salted Caramel Brownie Truffles would be good, but I didn’t think they’d be “I can’t stop eating them” good. I should have known–chewy chocolate brownies and Rolos, covered in chocolate and sprinkled with a dash of sea salt. Of course I couldn’t stop eating them! And they’re so easy to make. The recipe calls for a box mix, but you could certainly use your own recipe, as long as the brownies are chewy rather than cakey. Enjoy!
Salted Caramel Brownie Truffles
- 1 box brownie mix (for a 9×13 pan) plus ingredients for making brownies
- 3 dozen Rolos, unwrapped
- 12 ounces milk or dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons course sea salt
- Prepare brownies according to the 2 egg directions on the back of the box. Cool completely.
- Cut the brownies into 1 inch squares (you should have 34-36 pieces).
- Place an unwrapped Rolo on each square. Wrap the brownie around the Rolo and form into a ball.
- Place the brownie balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate at 50% power for one minute. Stir. Repeat at 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip the brownie bites into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with a pinch of coarse sea salt. Place on wax paper until chocolate is set.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Inside BruCrew Life.