If you’re looking for an easy yet impressive Valentine’s Day dessert, look no further. Really, this no-bake cheesecake mousse is perfect any time of year. It’s so versatile because there are so many ways to top it off. Strawberries or raspberries are great for Valentine’s Day, but hot fudge or caramel sauce with nuts would be equally delicious. Just think about your favorite flavors of cheesecake and the possibilities are endless. You could even add a graham cracker crumb crust mixture to the bottom of your serving dishes.
I used miniature dessert bowls for my mousse and got five servings, but that’s obviously going to vary depending on the size of your dishes. The mousse is rich and creamy, so it really is the kind of dessert where you don’t need a big bowl full. This mousse is also great for layered parfait style desserts, but it’s just as heavenly on it’s own, so don’t hesitate to serve it as is.
No-Bake Cheesecake Mousse
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon corn syrup
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add the corn syrup and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Repeat with the remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pipe or spoon the mousse into individual serving dishes. Top with fresh fruit or your favorite cheesecake toppings.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cooking Classy.