MASON JAR BANANA PUDDING — Creamy vanilla pudding is layered with sliced bananas, whipped cream and vanilla wafer cookies in this fun twist on classic banana pudding.
Our family recently ate out at a restaurant that served banana pudding in a Mason jar. It was heavenly. And I’m pretty sure the Mason jar made it taste even better! Naturally, we decided to come home and try making Mason Jar Banana Pudding ourselves.
I love to use Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies in my banana pudding, but you could easily substitute vanilla wafers or even graham crackers.
Just made this for my family and it’s delicious; everybody loves it! ~ Mandi
The recipe will fill 5-6 pint jars, but that’s a pretty good-sized helping of banana pudding, so you could easily get more using smaller jars. And there’s just something about individual, mini-sized desserts that’s so fun.
I’d say that the size pictured is definitely big enough for sharing. Or if you don’t need that many servings, you can half the recipe.
I’m telling you this now, if you make and serve like I did to a party of 25, you’ll get 20 requests for the recipe. This is a winner and you’ll keep in your dessert repertoire. ~ Denise
Either way, no one is going to complain about there being too much banana pudding.
This banana pudding was fun to make and eat, and so easy to put together. It’s definitely going to be served regularly at our house, and we won’t have to go to a restaurant (or pay restaurant prices) to enjoy it.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Mason Jar Banana Pudding
- Instant vanilla pudding mic
- Cream cheese
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Heavy whipping cream
- Pepperidge Farm chessmen cookies
Mason Jar Banana Pudding
Creamy vanilla pudding is layered with sliced bananas, whipped cream and vanilla wafer cookies in this fun twist on classic banana pudding.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerated
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (3.5 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5-6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies, coarsely crushed
- 4-6 bananas, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding and milk.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir the pudding mixture into the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
- In a glass jar, layer about 1/8 cup of cookie crumbs, 6 slices of banana, 1/3 cup of pudding mixture and 1/4 cup whipped cream. Repeat once.
- Sprinkle additional cookie crumbs on top of the last layer of whipped cream. Refrigerate until serving.
- If desired, garnish with fresh banana slices just before serving.
Keywords: banana, pudding, mason jar
I’ve prepared this twice now….exactly as written. Family loved it! Will definitely keep this recipe! ~ Debi
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by Paula Deen’s banana pudding recipe.