Our family recently ate out at a restaurant that served banana pudding in a Mason jar. It was heavenly. And I’m pretty sure the Mason jar made it taste even better! Naturally, we decided to come home and try making Mason Jar Banana Pudding ourselves.
I love to use Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies in my banana pudding, but you could easily substitute vanilla wafers or even graham crackers.
The recipe will fill 5-6 pint jars, but that’s a pretty good-sized helping of banana pudding, so you could easily get more using smaller jars.
Or if you don’t need that many servings, you can half the recipe. Either way, no one is going to be upset about eating the extra!
Don’t forget to save this delicious banana dessert recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Vanilla cookies, banana pudding and fresh bananas, layered in a Mason jar.
- 1 (3.5 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5-6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies, coarsely crushed
- 4-6 bananas, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding and milk.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir the pudding mixture into the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
- In a glass jar, layer about 1/8 cup of cookie crumbs, 6 slices of banana, 1/3 cup of pudding mixture and 1/4 cup whipped cream. Repeat once.
- Sprinkle additional cookie crumbs on top of the last layer of whipped cream. Refrigerate until serving.
- If desired, garnish with fresh banana slices just before serving.
- Serving Size: 6
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Be sure to check out these awesome banana dessert recipes too!
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by Paula Deen’s banana pudding recipe.