LOADED BAKED POTATO DIP — All of your favorite baked potato toppings in one delicious dip! This savory dip will be a hit and any party or game day get-together.
I love a good loaded baked potato. In fact, I always order a loaded baked potato when I have the option at a restaurant. So when I spotted this recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Dip, I knew it was going to be fabulous. I was not disappointed!
What’s not to love about warm waffle fries dipped in a savory mixture of sour cream, cheese and bacon? Nothing, that’s what!
This dip is goes great with Ruffles potato chips, or (my personal favorite), warm waffle fries. If you happen to have leftovers, it also makes a great topping for baked potatoes.
You’ll want to serve this dip at room temperature–my family actually liked it slightly warm–so whatever you prefer is fine.
If you opt for waffle fries, you’ll want them to be nice and crispy–they’ll work much better for dipping that way. Same for your potato chips. You’ll want a variety that’s nice and sturdy.
Sometimes, if I have Ranch dressing mix handy, I’ll stir a little bit of that in for a something a little bit different. And you could certainly switch up the kind of shredded cheese you use.
One thing is for certain, this dip is perfect for game day, tailgating, or any get together. It makes enough to serve a crowd and it’s always a hit!
Be sure to save this Loaded Baked Potato Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Waffle fries or potato chips, for dipping
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
All of your favorite baked potato toppings in one delicious dip! This savory dip will be a hit and any party or game day get-together.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-4 green onions, sliced (plus more for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 10 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Waffle fries, for dipping
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, cheese, green onions and hot sauce.
- Crumble 8 slices of the bacon and stir into the sour cream mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Garnish with the remaining bacon (crumbled) and additional green onions, if desired).
- Serve at room temperature with warm waffle fries or Ruffles.
Keywords: bacon, cheese, sour cream, potato, dip
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Spinach Artichoke Bacon Pull-Apart Bread
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted My Recipes.