SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES — Beef roast is cooked until tender, shredded, and served on crusty sub buns with melted cheese and a side of au jus.
This is the time of year when simple slow cooker meals like these Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches are a real lifesaver. If you’ve ever had multiple holiday concerts at different schools on the same night, you know exactly what I’m talking about!
Those are the days when it’s so nice to have a home cooked meal ready that can be eaten as everyone comes and goes, which is why I love my slow cooker so much!
And it’s always a good idea to have some easy dinner ideas up your sleeve during the busy holiday season. This is one of our all-time favorite sandwiches, so I make it year-round.
There aren’t a lot of fancy ingredients, but the beef and dipping sauce are so flavorful. And then there’s the melted cheese–you can never go wrong with melted cheese!
Not only is this one of the easiest meals in my repertoire, it’s one of the few meals that everyone in my family raves about. And it gets rave reviews from everyone who tries it too.
I always pour the au jus sauce through a fine mesh strainer before serving it with the sandwiches, but that’s just my personal preference. You can totally skip that step if you want to. I just have a thing about floaties in my au jus.
I love easy meals like this one that I know will satisfy the whole family. I hope you love these French Dip Sandwiches as much as we do!
Be sure to save this recipe for Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Equipment you’ll need to make this recipe:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Beef roast is cooked until tender, shredded, and served on crusty sub buns with melted cheese and a side of au jus.
- Season roast with salt and pepper and place in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion soup mix, au jus mix and beef broth. Pour over roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 5-7 hours. Remove roast from slow cooker (reserve juices) and shred.
- Preheat broiler. Slice sub buns in half lengthwise and arrange on a large baking sheet.
- Top the bottom buns with shredded beef. Top with sliced cheese. Cook sandwiches under broiler until cheese is melted and buns are toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the liquid from the slow cooker into bowls for dipping. If desired, you can strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Life in the Lofthouse.