I love a good pecan pie. It’s right up there with pumpkin on my list of favorite Thanksgiving desserts. But I think I love this Coconut Chocolate Pecan pie even more!
This pie is rich, gooey and decadent–everything a great pecan pie should be. Which is why it always makes an appearance on my Thanksgiving menu. Store bought pie dough or crust is absolutely fine here, but if you choose to make your own, I highly recommend this recipe for Grandma’s Secret Pie Crust.Print
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll prepared pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry and crimp edge. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Layer the semisweet chocolate chips, coconut and pecan pieces in the pie crust. Pour the egg mixture evenly over all.
- Cover the edge of the pastry shell with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 8
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cassie Craves.