I had an abundance of basil in my garden this summer, so I made and froze a lot of pesto. I love being able to have fresh pesto handy during the fall and winter months for things like Roasted Pesto Potatoes. Of course, if you don’t have a stash of pesto in your freezer, the store-bought variety will work just fine.
These potatoes are so easy to prepare, and are always a hit when I serve them at holiday meals, or any other time of year. They’re a great way to change-up the usual roasted potatoes without doing anything too crazy, and they’re a perfect accompaniment to almost any meal.
Roasted Pesto Potatoes
- 1.5 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large baking dish, toss potatoes with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with pesto; serve.
Who Dished it Up First: This is an original recipe.