GARLIC CREAM CHEESE MASHED POTATOES — Creamy mashed potatoes loaded with minced garlic, butter, cream cheese and fresh parsley. The perfect side dish for holidays, Sunday dinner, or any night of the week!
I’m just going to lay it all on the line here and say these are the best mashed potatoes I’ve ever had!
Trust me, these have to be good, because a few of my boys are real mashed potato connoisseurs. But what’s not to love about fluffy mashed potatoes with butter, garlic, cream cheese and fresh parsley?
It’s definitely not a low-fat, low-calorie side dish, which makes these mashed potatoes a perfect holiday indulgence.
I like to leave some of the skins on–as many as my kids will tolerate–because I think it makes for a great presentation. And of course, the skins are good for you.
Sometimes I end up adding a bit of milk or cream to get the potatoes to the consistency I want, and sometimes I don’t need to add any at all. If you feel like you need to add a bit of liquid, just start slowly and add your liquid gradually.
I hope you love these mashed potatoes as much as my family does. Don’t forget the gravy!Print
Creamy mashed potatoes loaded with minced garlic, butter, cream cheese and fresh parsley. The perfect side dish for holidays, Sunday dinner, or any night of the week!
- 10 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Milk or cream, as needed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add chopped potatoes and cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Add the butter, cream cheese and garlic.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until they reach the desired consistency and texture, adding milk or cream, as needed. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.