Friends, these shredded Buffalo chicken sandwiches are easily the most well received meal I’ve served up in recent memory. Of course, I do have some serious Buffalo chicken fanatics at my house, but they weren’t the only ones who loved these tasty, slow cooker sandwiches.
My husband and kids all like spicy food, but still, they couldn’t stop raving about these sandwiches. And now that football season is upon us, I have to say, these would be perfect game day eats.
You can top these sandwiches with either blue cheese or Ranch dressing. I usually serve both on the side, since we do have some opinions around here about which goes better with Buffalo sauce.
And of course, carrot and celery sticks are always good to serve alongside any kind of Buffalo chicken inspired meal. Granted, we have some opinions around here about carrots and celery too. But one thing we all agreed on–these Buffalo chicken sandwiches were awesome!
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (Slow Cooker)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons ranch mix seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Place chicken breasts in lightly greased slow cooker.
- In medium bowl, combine the buffalo wing sauce and ranch seasoning.
- Pour hot sauce mixture over chicken in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Stir in butter until melted.
- Preheat broiler. Place slices of cheese on bun tops and melt under broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- Pile buffalo chicken onto buns. Top with Ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Greens and Chocolate.