If you’re planning an end-of-summer Labor Day barbecue (and even if you aren’t), I highly recommend putting this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad on your menu. .
This salad is bursting with all the flavors of Mexican street corn–the grilled corn being the star ingredient. That’s what Mexican street corn is, after all–grilled corn topped with a zesty chile-lime spread and sprinkled with cheese.
It only takes about 10 minutes to grill the corn. So I beg of you, don’t take shortcuts and use the plain old, un-grilled variety.
Throw in a few crunchy veggies and a creamy dressing into the mix and you’ve got yourself a winning combinationPrint
Salad3-4 ears corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons seeded, chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 cup Cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Dressing1/3 cup mayonaisse
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Brush corn with olive oil. Grill, turning frequently, until lightly charred all over, 10-15 minutes; cool and cut corn from the cob.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cool water and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, grilled corn, red pepper, green onions, jalapeno, cheeses and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing.
- Stir dressing into pasta and corn mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serving Size: 6
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice