For almost nine years my youngest has claimed he doesn’t like carrots, until he tried these Honey Ginger Roasted carrots. I’m right there with him. This is now my absolute favorite way to cook carrots!
I do strongly (very strongly!) recommend following the advice to line your pan with foil then spray it with cooking spray. The honey based glaze can be pretty sticky–which is great for the carrots but not so great for the clean-up.
I hope you love these carrots as much as we do!
Honey Ginger Roasted Carrots
- 1 pound carrots, peeled (whole or cut into pieces–larger carrots may need to be halved lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, olive oil, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar and salt and pepper. Toss carrots with glaze (in a large bowl, or right on the foil-lined pan).
- Bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on the size of your carrots), turning and stirring once during cooking, until carrots are tender. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Be sure to save this delicious side dish recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.