My neighbor Kristen recently had our family over to dinner and she served the most delicious Roasted Garlic and Lemon Green Beans. So when I picked up a bunch of fresh green beans at the farmer’s market, I wanted to prepare them the same way she did.
I really like the toasted almonds, so I usually throw in some extra. And if you like things really lemony, you can squeeze in a bit of juice along with the zest. Enjoy!
Roasted Garlic & Lemon Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 9×13 inch glass baking dish, stir together beans, olive oil, sliced shallots and garlic.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until beans are tender. Remove from oven and stir in toasted almonds and lemon zest.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Skillet Green Beans and Bacon
Who Dished It Up First: My neighbor, Kristen