Okay, technically these might get pretty soft–if you left them sitting out for awhile. Not like ice cream melts though. They’d turn into more of a whoopie pie type dessert than a melted frozen treat. Which is only one of the reasons I love this easy summertime treat. But less mess is always a plus in my book!
These taste like ice cream sandwiches, and there are so many possible flavor combinations! Really, you can use any kind of cookie (or even graham crackers) and any kind of pudding flavor you’d like. And the possibilities for mix-ins are endless. The kids can even whip them up themselves. Just a thought next time you hear “I’m bored” this summer.
“No Melt” Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 dozen cookies, store bought or homemade
- Mix pudding and milk together; refrigerate for 10 minutes. Fold in the Cool Whip and the mini chocolate chips.
- Arrange half of the cookies on a large baking sheet.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the filling into the center of each cookie. Top with a second cookie.
- Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.