MAKE AHEAD QUICHE — Mix up this Make Ahead Quiche, then put it in the freezer so it’s ready to go whenever you need something for brunch or a light dinner.
This Make Ahead Quiche is absolutely, hands-down, my favorite freezer meal ever!
Every time I make a ham and have leftovers (which is pretty much every time I make a ham), I put together two or three of these quiches and keep them in the freezer for those times I just don’t feel like cooking.
I love that this quiche can go straight from the freezer to the oven! Of course, you have to be careful transferring the unbaked quiche to the freezer not to slosh around the filling too much, but once you get it in the freezer, you’ve got a wonderful freezer meal ready to go!
And this quiche really does bake up beautifully! People are always skeptical–I know I was–but this recipe hasn’t failed me yet.
I’ve also given this quiche to friends and neighbors who were getting ready to have a baby, or surgery, to keep in their freezer. It always gets rave reviews!
You can make your own crust, but I usually resort to a pre-made frozen crust. It’s a great, basic recipe that I think would do well with all kind of additions and variations.
My whole family loves it! And I love knowing I have a delicious ready-to-bake meal on hand for those nights (or mornings) when I’m just not in the mood to cook.
Be sure to save this Make Ahead Quiche recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Make Ahead Quiche
Mix up this Make Ahead Quiche, then put it in the freezer so it’s ready to go whenever you need something for brunch or a light dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- Dash of pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss the flour with the grated cheese. Evenly spread the cheese over the bottom of the pie crust. Top the cheese with the diced ham.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt, pepper and dry mustard. Stir in the green onions. Pour the egg mixture over the ham and cheese.
- Cover the unbaked quiche with plastic wrap, then with foil, sealing the edges well. Place the prepared quiche in the freezer.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Do not thaw the quiche!
- Remove the foil and plastic wrap. Place the foil around the edges of the crust to prevent burning.
- Place the frozen quiche in the oven and bake for about 1 hour, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- To cook the quiche immediately (without freezing first), preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com.