This Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken was absolutely amazing! Usually, I don’t find coated, fried chicken recipes worth the hassle and mess, but this was 100% worth it.
And actually, it wasn’t much of a hassle at all. Just be sure to pound your chicken breasts to a uniform thickness, so they cook quickly and evenly. It really makes a difference.
The coating on this chicken is fabulous-thick and crunchy, just the way I like it. And the honey garlic sauce adds a terrific sweet and sour flavor.
To say this chicken was a huge hit with my family would be a big understatement. It will definitely be going into the regular rotation.
Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken
For the chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup canola oil, for cooking chicken
For the honey garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper and pound with a meat mallet to an even 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a medium shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, pepper, ginger, nutmeg, thyme, sage and cayenne pepper.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and water.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip the chicken into the flour mixture, then the egg wash. Return the chicken to the flour mixture and coat again, pressing on the flour to coat well.
- Place the chicken in the hot oil and fry for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Dip the cooked chicken into the honey garlic sauce and serve.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like: