SLOW COOKER CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES — Roast beef slow cooked with Italian seasonings and bell peppers, then topped with cheese and served in sub buns.
Slow Cooker Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Roast beef slow cooked with Italian seasonings and bell peppers, then topped with cheese and served in sub buns.
- 1 (5 pound) rump roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (.7 ounce) packages dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Sliced Provolone cheese
- Hoagie rolls
- Place roast and onions in slow cooker along with garlic, beef broth, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and Italian salad dressing mix.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.
- During the last hour of cooking time, remove the roast from slow cooker and shred meat with a fork. Return to slow cooker, along with bell peppers, and cook for an additional hour or until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler. Pile beef and peppers into hoagie rolls. Top with sliced Provolone cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, 3-5 minutes.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes.