SLOW COOKER CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES — Roast beef slow cooked with Italian seasonings and bell peppers, then topped with cheese and served in sub buns.
My husband loves cheese steak sandwiches and these Slow Cooker Cheese Steak Sandwiches are so simple and full of flavor.
Just start your beef in the morning and you’ll have tender, juicy cheese steak sandwiches by dinner time.
I just made this and it’s to die for!!!! Thank you for sharing! I used gluten free bread and opted for an open faced hot sandwich! Delish! ~ Hannah
Slow Cooker Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Roast beef slow cooked with Italian seasonings and bell peppers, then topped with cheese and served in sub buns.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (5 pound) rump roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (.7 ounce) packages dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Sliced Provolone cheese
- Hoagie rolls
- Place roast and onions in slow cooker along with garlic, beef broth, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and Italian salad dressing mix.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.
- During the last hour of cooking time, remove the roast from slow cooker and shred meat with a fork. Return to slow cooker, along with bell peppers, and cook for an additional hour or until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler. Pile beef and peppers into hoagie rolls. Top with sliced Provolone cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, 3-5 minutes.
Keywords: beef, sandwich, cheese
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes.