I love this Frozen Cranberry Salad! I think my husband and kids love it even more than I do. It’s one of the easiest dishes to prepare on my Thanksgiving menu. Seriously, the hardest thing about this salad is deciding whether to serve it as a side dish or a dessert.
Rather than freezing, you can just chill this in the refrigerator before serving, although I find it holds up very well when frozen, even when thawed completely. Just be sure to drain the pineapple well. If you like some extra crunch, you can also add a cup or so of chopped pecans.
Frozen Cranberry Salad
- 1 (12 oz.) bag fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 (8 oz.) cans crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 (10 oz.) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chopped cranberries and the sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, or overnight. With an electric mixer, whip cream until stiff.
- In a large bowl, combine cranberries and pineapple. Fold in whipped cream and marshmallows.
- Pour into a large, airtight container and freeze until ready to serve. Thaw slightly (or completely if you prefer) before serving.
Recipe NotesTotal time includes freezing.
Be sure to save this festive cranberry salad to your favorite Pinterst board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com