You know those days when the schedule is hectic and you just don’t feel like cooking? This flavorful Slow Cooker Cafe Rio Chicken is the answer!
I like to double or triple the recipe just so I can keep some on hand in the freezer for quick weeknight meals. You can even use this in your favorite Southwest style soup. I haven’t ever had the chicken at Cafe Rio, so I can’t vouch for how much it tastes like the real thing, but my whole family loves it!
Cafe Rio Chicken (Slow Cooker)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces Italian dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken in a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Serve in tacos, burritos, salads, etc.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Chef in Training