Just as the name suggest, this Easy Garlic Chicken really is easy. And I don’t know anyone who has ever complained about having too many easy chicken recipes in their collection.
I don’t know about you, but I love garlic. My husband isn’t a big fan though, and even he liked this and said the garlic wasn’t overpowering. Of course, if you really love garlic you could always add more! You definitely don’t want to skip lining your pan with foil, as the sauce is pretty sticky and gooey. Which is what makes it so delicious, but not so fun to clean up. Because all of the ingredients are pantry staples, this is a great recipe to have on file for a quick weeknight meal–provided you remember to thaw out some chicken!
Easy Garlic Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken on both sides until golden, about 3 minutes each side. Place chicken into the prepared baking dish.
- Add the garlic to pan and saute until fragrant and tender. Remove from heat and stir in the brown sugar, ginger and cayenne pepper. Stir in the chicken stock.
- Pour the garlic/brown sugar mixture over the chicken. Bake, uncovered for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from food.com