As a big fan of Chili Cheese Fritos and crunchy things in my salad, I knew I was going to love this Chili Cheese Fritos Corn Salad the minute I saw it. I was not disappointed!
And it’s so easy to make! The hardest part was not eating the entire bag of Chili Cheese Fritos before I added them to the salad.
I’m not a huge fan of canned veggies, so I usually use frozen, but after making this with both frozen and canned corn, I actually prefer it with canned.
You can also use green pepper and red onion for a slightly different but equally delicious flavor. Or try adding some diced jalapeno if you want to spice things up a bit.
You can also use regular Fritos in a pinch, but the chili cheese version adds so much great flavor. I highly recommend it!
Everything else can be mixed up ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator. If your salad seems a little dry after adding the corn chips, just stir in a bit of extra sour cream or mayo.
And don’t worry about the leftovers getting soggy, because their won’t be any!
This is such a great summer salad! It’s the kind of thing that gets devoured at backyard barbecues and potlucks. Plan on getting lots of requests for the recipe.
Be sure to save this Chili Cheese Fritos Corn Salad recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10.5 oz.) bag coarsely crushed Chili Cheese Fritos corn chips
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss together corn, cheese, red pepper and green onion. Stir in sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Stir in corn chips just before serving. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serving Size: 8
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished it Up First: This is a Paula Deen recipe. Who else would thing of putting Chili Cheese Fritos in a salad?