My husband is a huge fan of both Jell-O and Orange Creamsicles, so I knew he’d love this dessert. And he wasn’t the only one! It really does taste like an Orange Creamsicle, and with summer just around the corner, it’s perfect for a hot day.
The top layer is quite thick, so make sure the orange gelatin layer is nice and firm before you add the second layer. I’m already thinking about making it with other flavors of Jell-O…..strawberry and lemon are at the top of my list.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tabespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 (3 oz.) package Jell-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 tub (8 oz.) thawed Cool Whip, divided
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package Jell-O instant vanilla pudding
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter and press onto bottom of an 8-inch square pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, microwave juice for about 1 minute on high. Add to gelatin mix in small bowl; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Gradually add to half the cream cheese in a medium bowl, beating with mixer after each addition until blended.
- Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip. Spread over crust. Freeze while preparing next layer.
- Beat remaining cream cheese and milk in a separate medium bowl until blended.
- Add dry pudding mix; beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining Cool Whip and orange zest. Spread over gelatin layer. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Serving Size: 8
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Kraft Recipes