Rice Krispie treats are always a hit! And the addition of chocolate and peanut butter only makes them better. I find that store brand Rice Krispies cereal tends to go soggy quickly, so this is one instance where I don’t mind paying extra for the name brand.
The easiest way to get your Rice Krispie mixture into the pan quickly is to spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray and press it in. Just be careful, it can be hot! I imagine you could sprinkle all kinds of chocolate candy on top of Rice Krispies treats. This version didn’t last long at my house!
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 (10.5 oz.) bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, quartered
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Place cereal into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in peanut butter.
- Pour mixture over cereal, and mix well. Press mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups and milk chocolate chips over Rice Krispie mixture while it is still warm; press down lightly.
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until scalding (do not let it boil). Pour cream over chocolate chips in bowl. Whisk until chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- Drizzle over the Rice Krispie bars (you may not use all of the chocolate drizzle.) Let set and cut into squares.