I’m always looking for new and different enchilada recipes, and these Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas have become a family favorite.
The combination of flavors is unique but very tasty, and the honey and lime are especially good together. I also love that this dish is so quick and easy to put together.
You could easily cook your own chicken, but if you’re in a hurry, using a store bought rotisserie chicken can really speed up the process.
These can also be made ahead of time and they freeze beautifully. If you’re looking to add some new flavors to your dinner routine, I highly recommend these chicken enchiladas.Print
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 (2 lb). rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. Monterrey jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 (16 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic; toss with the shredded chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, combine the enchilada sauce and the cream.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Fill the flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese and roll, reserving 1 cup of cheese for topping.
- Place the enchiladas seam side down into the prepared pan.
- Pour the remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro just before serving.
- Serving Size: 8
Who Dished It Up First: I came across this recipe in a church cookbook, but I’ve seen versions of it floating around Pinterest too.