Quinoa is quickly becoming one of my favorites grains. It’s just so versatile, especially as the base this nutritious, protein packed Southwest Quinoa Salad.
After trying a Southwest quinoa salad from my local grocery store deli, I knew I could probably recreate it at home.
This salad is flavorful, but not too spicy. You could always replace the jalapeno with some chopped green onions if you prefer and even milder version.
I usually enjoy it as a quick, healthy lunch. It keeps for several days in the refrigerator.
Southwest Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked, cooled quinoa (1 cup raw will equal about 2 cups cooked)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the ingredients for the salad in a medium bowl and toss together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and mix well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.