There is nothing quite like a creamy, no-bake layered dessert. Especially when those layers are chocolate and peanut butter. And believe me, this chocolate peanut butter dessert is out of this world delicious!
Really, something this good shouldn’t be this easy to put together, but it’s so simple, even my kids can make it with a little supervision. (No-bake recipes are always great options for kids in the kitchen.) To make it even easier, use a box of chocolate cookie crumbs, rather than crushing your own Oreos. Of course, then you don’t have any leftover Oreos to eat…..
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Dessert
- 20 Oreo cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar,divided
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 15-20 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Crush 16 cookies; toss with the butter. Press into an ungreased 9-inch square dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
- In another large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining confectioners' sugar on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in remaining whipped topping. Spread over peanut butter cups.
- Crush remaining cookies; sprinkle over the top. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home.