AWARD WINNING LEMON CRINKLE COOKIES — These soft and chewy cookies are bursting with lemon flavor. It’s no wonder they’re award winning!
First, I should say that I did not receive an award for these Award Winning Lemon Crinkle Cookies cookies, but someone did, and I can definitely see why!
These cheerful cookies, with their fresh lemon flavor, have Spring written all over them. Of course, that shouldn’t stop you from making them any time of year, because they’re absolutely delicious.
I have a lemon cookie recipe that uses a cake mix, but these are so much better! And it really doesn’t take much more time to make them from scratch.
I’m a soft and chewy cookie person, so I love that these cookies stay soft for several days.
This is one of the easiest, tastiest cookie recipes I’ve tried, and a nice change from the chocolate and chocolate chip varieties I usually make. You really should bake up a batch right away!
Just don’t skip the step of rolling the cookies in powdered sugar. It helps create that crackly top you’re looking for.Print
Award Winning Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again.
- Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cracked on top. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 24
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This cookie won first place in the Best Cookie Contest at LDS Living Magazine.