I love these cookies! They’re right up there with these chocolate chip cookies, and these cowboy cookies on my list of favorites. Yes, I’d definitely say these are one of my top three favorite cookies.
Toasted Coconut, Toffee and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flaked sweetened coconut
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Heath toffee bits
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange coconut in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted, stirring once. Set coconut aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- With an electric or stand mixer, cream together the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, then add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in toasted coconut, toffee bits, and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies start to brown around the edges. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire racks.