I tried this fabulous Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip at Thanksgiving and it shot straight to the top of my list of favorite holiday appetizers. I’ll be making it again for Christmas, and everyone else who tried it says they will too!
The tangy cranberries are a perfect compliment to the spicy and savory flavors in this dip. I’ve found that a food processor works well for chopping the cranberries, and even the green onion and jalapeno. The cranberry portion of this appetizer can be made a few days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Then you only need to soften some cream cheese and break out the crackers on the day you’ll be serving it.
Not only does this dip taste great, it looks beautiful and is very festive. It’s sure to be a hit at all of your holiday gatherings! There’s plenty to feed a crowd, so if you’ll be serving fewer people, you may want to half the recipe.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 (12 oz.) package fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped cranberries, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, cumin, lemon juice and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, spread cream cheese in an even layer on a plate or platter. Spread cranberry mixture evenly over the cream cheese.
- Serve with crackers for dipping.
Be sure to save this beautiful holiday appetizer to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up