I dare say these Raspberries and Cream Muffins are some of the best muffins I’ve ever tried.
They’re moist but fluffy, and bake up beautifully. And raspberry and white chocolate are such a wonderful flavor combination!
The batter is quite thick, so you do have to be careful stirring in the raspberries.
A large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop works great for measuring the batter into the muffin pan.
And if you don’t have half and half handy, evaporated milk is a good substitute. I can wait to try this recipe with different berries!Print
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cups sugar,divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup finely chopped vanilla or white chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in egg and extracts.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with half and half. Carefully stir in the chips and raspberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com