I dare say this is one of the best muffin recipes I’ve ever tried. They’re moist but fluffy, and bake up beautifully. And raspberry and white chocolate are such a wonderful flavor combination!
The batter is quite thick, so you do have to be careful stirring in the raspberries. A large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop works great for measuring the batter into the muffin pan. And if you don’t have half and half handy, evaporated milk is a good substitute. I can wait to try this recipe with different berries!
Raspberries and Cream Muffins
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cups sugar,divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup finely chopped vanilla or white chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in egg and extracts.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with half and half. Carefully stir in the chips and raspberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.