CHICKEN MUSHROOM TORTELLINI BAKE — Tortellini pasta baked with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy sauce!
I always keep a few packages of fresh tortellini in my freezer for quick weeknight meals, and this Chicken Mushroom Tortellini Bake is one of my favorite ways to prepare it.
You can use frozen tortellini in this recipe too, but you’d have to boil it first, leaving it slightly undercooked.
Of course, if you do use dried pasta, you’d want to cook it according to package directions before adding it to the recipe. I’d suggest something hearty like rigatoni or penne.
My whole family loves this baked tortellini, although some of them do pick out the mushrooms. But my husband and I love them, so I never leave them out!
I also love that this easy pasta dish comes together so quickly, and it can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake it.
Be sure to save this Chicken Mushroom Tortellini Bake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tortellini pasta baked with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy sauce!
- 1 (20 oz.) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add the chicken and brown for 3-4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, green onions and garlic and cook until chicken is done and mushrooms are golden brown.
- Sprinkle flour over chicken mixture and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and cook and stir until thickened. Mix in sour cream and stir until well combined. Stir in the uncooked tortellini.
- Pour the chicken and tortellini mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, covered with foil, for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown around the edges.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.