It’s really hard to say which I love best, classic chocolate chip cookies, or these loaded-with-goodness Cowboy Cookies.
The secret ingredient? The crushed Cornflake crumbs. I’ve tried several cowboy cookie recipes, and it’s the Cornflake crumbs that set these apart.
If you have regular oats handy, those will work fine in place of the quick version. What are you waiting for? Go bake up a batch ASAP!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk, vanilla and eggs and beat well. Stir in cornflake crumbs and oatmeal.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix.
- Stir in the coconut, nuts, if using, and chocolate chips.
- Place tablespoon-sized balls of dough on a lightly greased or lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe