It’s really hard to say which I love best, classic chocolate chip cookies, or these loaded-with-goodness Cowboy Cookies.
If you have regular oats handy, those will work fine in place of the quick version. What are you waiting for? Go bake up a batch ASAP!Print
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk, vanilla and eggs and beat well. Stir in cornflake crumbs and oatmeal.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix.
- Stir in the coconut, nuts, if using, and chocolate chips.
- Place tablespoon-sized balls of dough on a lightly greased or lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
- Serving Size: 36
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe