I like my chocolate chip cookies soft and chewy, and I’ve experimented for years to come up with a recipe that I LOVE! I think this is it. These are even soft the next day, and the day after that . . . the secret is not to bake them too long. You want to remove them from the oven when they are just barely golden on top.
I like to scoop out the cookie portions and then freeze the dough. Whenever I have a cookie craving, I just pop the frozen dough onto a cookie sheet and in 10 minutes I have warm, freshly baked cookies. To prevent your pre-made cookie dough portions from sticking together, freeze them separately first (on cookie sheets or in a 9×13 pan) before transferring them to their final storage container. Then you can have fresh-from-the-oven cookies whenever the craving strikes!
Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars for 3-4 minutes with an electric mixer on high speed. Add eggs and vanilla and beat 3 minutes more.
- Stir in sour cream, followed by salt, soda and baking powder. Blend in flour, 1 cup at a time. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookies sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just brown around the edges.