Posted by https://www.letsdishrecipes.com/2011/02/white-chicken-enchiladas-with-green-chile-sour-cream-sauce.html
© 2011 Let's Dish Recipes. All rights reserved.
White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce
Chicken, green chilies and cheese, rolled in floured tortillas and smothered in a creamy homemade sauce.
- 8 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped, fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix the chicken together with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Distribute the chicken and cheese mixture evenly among the tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in the prepared pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Continue cooking over medium heat until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in the sour cream and diced green chiles. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the sauce in an even layer over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.