This BLT pasta was a big hit at my house! Okay, some of my picky eaters removed the tomatoes, but they don’t know what they were missing. No one removed the bacon, of course!
There isn’t any lettuce in this BLT pasta, but let’s be honest, that would just be weird. The parsley adds a nice touch of green though. This recipe makes enough to feed a crowd, so if you’re feeding less than that, you might want to consider making half. Although, the leftovers are pretty good.
- 1 pound dry pasta
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook in a large skillet until crispy.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Leave about 1 tablespoon of drippings in skillet.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until just al dente; drain.
- Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes to bacon drippings in skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Stir in chicken broth and diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add cubed cream cheese and stir until cream cheese is melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add pasta, grape tomatoes, bacon and parsley and cook until heated through, about 2 more minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First:Adapted from It’s a Keeper.