BLT PASTA — This quick and easy meal features pasta, bacon and tomatoes in a creamy sauce, topped with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
This BLT pasta was a big hit at my house! Okay, some of my picky eaters removed the tomatoes, but they don’t know what they were missing. No one removed the bacon, of course!
I love that this dish uses fresh tomatoes in addition to the canned, and the cream cheese adds just a touch of creaminess to the sauce.
And of course I love the bacon. And the pasta. It’s a combination that’s always a hit at my house. If you want to light up a bit, you can definitely use light cream cheese.
There isn’t any lettuce in this BLT pasta, but let’s be honest, that would just be weird. The parsley adds a nice touch of green though.
And I also love how quick and easy this BLT pasta comes together. It’s the perfect recipe to have up your sleeve on a busy weeknight. Goodness knows there are plenty of those at my house.
This recipe makes enough to feed a crowd, so if you’re feeding less than that, you might want to consider making half.
Since I’m feeding a bunch of hungry boys, this recipe makes the perfect amount for my family.
Although, the leftovers are pretty good, if you’re lucky enough to have any. We certainly didn’t!
Be sure to save this BLT Pasta recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Equipment you’ll need to make this recipe:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
This quick and easy meal features pasta, bacon and tomatoes in a creamy sauce, topped with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 pound dry pasta
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook in a large skillet until crispy.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Leave about 1 tablespoon of drippings in skillet.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until just al dente; drain.
- Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes to bacon drippings in skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Stir in chicken broth and diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add cubed cream cheese and stir until cream cheese is melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add pasta, grape tomatoes, bacon and parsley and cook until heated through, about 2 more minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from It’s a Keeper.