THREE INGREDIENT MOCK BUTTERFINGER BARS — Made with Wheat Thins, peanut butter and chocolate, these tasty treats are reminiscent of Butterfinger candy bars.
Our friends recently brought us a plate of Christmas goodies and these Three Ingredient Mock Butterfinger Bars were the family favorite.
Yes, this recipe has a short and somewhat strange ingredient list, but trust me, you’re in for a treat!
I’m not a huge fan of Butterfinger candy bars, but I really liked these. When our friends brought them as part of their holiday cookie tray, I had to figure out what was in the recipe!
I determined (to my surprise), that they were made from Wheat Thins crackers, peanut butter, and chocolate. A quick search of the Internet confirmed that there were indeed recipes out there for mock Butterfingers made from Wheat Thins.
I like to add some sprinkles during the holidays. Which would technically be four ingredients, so that’s totally optional!
If you’ve ever had those Ritz crackers filled with peanut butter and dipped in chocolate, these are similar (and in my opinion, even better).
I think they taste best after sitting overnight, so the crackers and peanut butter have time to mingle. But I usually can’t resist sampling a handful as soon as the chocolate sets.
You can also use white chocolate, or make some of each kind. They’re all delicious, no matter what kind of chocolate you use.
There are only a few Christmas treats that I must make every year, and my family all agrees, these easy chocolate and peanut butter treats are a must make!
Be sure to save this recipe for Three Ingredient Mock Butterfinger Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
3 Ingredient Mock Butterfinger Bars
Made with Wheat Thins, peanut butter and chocolate, these tasty treats are reminiscent of Butterfinger candy bars.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 (10 oz.) box original Wheat Thins crackers
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 16 ounces dipping chocolate or almond bark
- Sandwich about 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter between two Wheat Thins crackers; repeat until all crackers have been used.
- Melt chocolate in microwave at 50 percent power for one minute; stir. Return to microwave at 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Dip cracker “sandwiches” in chocolate to coat. Set on wax paper.
- Place in refrigerator or freezer for 10-15 minutes to set completely. Store in an airtight container.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by a cookie tray from our friends Debbie and Derrick.