Yes, this recipe has a short and somewhat strange ingredient list, but trust me, you’re in for a treat! Our friends recently brought us a plate of Christmas goodies and these were the family favorite. I took one bite and thought, “These taste like Butterfingers!”
If you’ve ever had those Ritz crackers filled with peanut butter and dipped in chocolate, these are similar (and I think, even better). I think they taste best after sitting overnight, so the crackers and peanut butter have time to mingle.
You can also use white chocolate, or a combination, and add some holiday sprinkles or drizzled chocolate to dress them up a bit. There are only a few Christmas treats that I must make every year, and this one is going on the list!
3 Ingredient Mock Butterfinger Bars
- 1 (10 oz.) box original Wheat Thins crackers
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 16 ounces dipping chocolate or almond bark
- Sandwich about 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter between two Wheat Thins crackers; repeat until all crackers have been used.
- Melt chocolate in microwave at 50 percent power for one minute; stir. Return to microwave at 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Dip cracker "sandwiches" in chocolate to coat. Set on wax paper.
- Place in refrigerator or freezer for 10-15 minutes to set completely. Store in an airtight container.
Be sure and save this easy Christmas treat to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by a cookie tray from our friends Debbie and Derrick.