My husband is an eggnog fanatic (something he’s passed on to our children), so I knew these Eggnog Snickerdoodles were going to be a huge hit at my house.
Sometimes, I add a dash of nutmeg right into the batter, and an eggnog and powdered sugar glaze is also a nice touch.
The cookies will be very puffy when you remove them from the oven, but will flatten slightly as they cool.
The dough is a bit sticky, but once you drop it into the sugar and nutmeg coating, it’s perfectly easy to work with. And I love that this is such a simple holiday cookie to make.
My family goes crazy for these cookies, and even folks who aren’t fans of eggnog love these Eggnog Snickerdoodles!
These Eggnog Snickerdoodles are sure to become a favorite in your holiday cookie rotation.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- 1 cup eggnog
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternately with the eggnog. The dough will be thick and slightly sticky.
- Mix together 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Shape the dough into rounded tablespoons; roll in sugar and nutmeg mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are just set and starting to crack.
Don’t forget to save this delicious holiday cookie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home.