I’ve made a lot of pumpkin cookies in my day, but I always come back to these Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting. There the kind of cookie where it really is impossible to eat just one. Try them, you’ll see what I mean.
The frosting is the star of these cookies, and it’s a nice change from the cream cheese frosting that often accompanies pumpkin desserts (I love that version too, though). If you’ve never made a cooked frosting, now is the time to give it a try!
If your frosting seems a bit thick after mixing it, add a bit more cream. If it seems too runny, add a bit more powdered sugar. And if you like salted caramel, add a little extra pinch of salt. Just don’t be tempted to sample too much frosting. It’s just enough for all the cookies.
Really, these pumpkin cookies are more like little pumpkin cakes. They’re so moist, I’ve left them out on the counter overnight and they were still fantastic the next day. After one bite, you’ll know that pumpkin and caramel is a match made in heaven.
If you make one cookie this fall, it should be these Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting!
Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powedered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Stir in pumpkin.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, salt and flour. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- To make frosting: In a medium saucepan, combine butter, cream, and brown sugar over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture just begins to boil; remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool then stir in powdered sugar. Spread frosting over cooled cookies.
Be sure to save this cookie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First : Adapted from allrecipes.com