I’ve made a lot of pumpkin cookies in my day, but I always come back to these Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting. They’re the kind of cookie where it really is impossible to eat just one. Try them, you’ll see what I mean.
The caramel frosting is the star of these cookies, and it’s a nice change from the cream cheese frosting that often accompanies pumpkin desserts (I love that version too, though).
If you’ve never made a cooked frosting, now is the time to give it a try! Trust me, this stuff is amazing!
If your frosting seems a bit thick after mixing it, add a bit more cream. If it seems too runny, add a bit more powdered sugar.
And if you like salted caramel, add a little extra pinch of salt to your frosting. Just don’t be tempted to sample too much frosting (it will require great fortitude), because it’s just enough for all the cookies.
Really, these pumpkin cookies are more like little pumpkin cakes. Little pumpkin cakes with creamy caramel frosting.
And these cookies are so moist, I’ve left them out on the counter overnight and they were still fantastic the next day.
After one bite, you’ll know that pumpkin and caramel is a match made in heaven. Even my husband, who normally turns his nose up at anything pumpkin, had to admit these cookies were pretty great.
If you make one cookie this fall, it should be these Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting!
Be sure to save this recipe for Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
Soft pumpkin cookies with a cooked caramel frosting.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Stir in pumpkin.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, salt and flour. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- To make frosting: In a medium saucepan, combine butter, cream, and brown sugar over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture just begins to boil; remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool then stir in powdered sugar. Spread frosting over cooled cookies.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First : Adapted from allrecipes.com