These are one of my favorite bar cookies. I might even like these more than regular s’mores. I’ve tried making them with regular marshmallows, and they just disappear into the dough, so be sure to use marshmallow cream. It does tend to ooze out of the bars once they’re cut, but s’mores are supposed to be messy! And with this recipe, you can have them year round.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 sheets of graham crackers)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1.5-ounce) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, and beat until combined.
- Press half of the dough evenly in the pan. Spread marshmallow cream over the dough.
- Lay the chocolate bars on top of the marshmallow creme, breaking apart as needed to create an even layer of chocolate. Spread remaining dough over the chocolate bars.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Serving Size: 8
Who Dished It Up First:Adapted from Paula Dean