EASY CASHEW CHICKEN — Tender chicken and toasted cashews in an Asian inspired sauce. Ready in 30 minutes or less!
When a delicious meal like this Easy Cashew Chicken comes together in 20 minutes and everyone cleans their plates, you know it’s going in the favorites file!
The hardest thing about this dish is remembering to thaw your chicken.
You also need to remember to start your rice well ahead of time if you’re planning to serve that as a side dish. Because this cashew chicken comes together that fast!
It really does add great flavor to use toasted cashews, and it’s easy to do. Just cook them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. This step can be done ahead of time, and really makes the dish!
I really love the simplicity of this dish, and the fact that my kids clear their plates without complaining!
Easy Cashew Chicken
Tender chicken and toasted cashews in an Asian inspired sauce. Ready in 30 minutes or less!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- White rice, for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with cornstarch until chicken is coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, tossing often, for 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and white parts of scallions to the skillet. Continue cooking until chicken is browned, about 3 minutes more.
- Add vinegar and cook until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in hoisin sauce and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook and stir until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in scallion greens and toasted cashews. Serve immediately over white rice, if desired.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food: Great Food Fast