There are a lot of recipes for chocolate cake out there, and believe me I’ve tried quite a few. But I always come back to the Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Bundt Cake. It is hands-down, tried and tested, the best chocolate cake I’ve ever made!
In fact, I’ve been making this rich, decadent chocolate bundt cake for over 20 years and in all that time, I’ve never found another recipe that comes close to being as rich, dense and decadent.
It’s my go-to chocolate cake recipe and I’ve never served anywhere that it didn’t receive rave reviews. I’m not a big fan of regular old cake from a box mix, but this has enough additions to transform it into a dense, moist, gooey cake.
I rarely even frost it, although it’s fabulous drizzled with this homemade fudge sauce, or topped with some homemade whipped cream and fresh berries.
I really like to use mini chocolate chips in this recipe if I have them handy. They almost melt right into the cake!
Be sure to save this recipe for the Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Bundt Cake to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Bundt Cake
This amazing chocolate cake starts with a cake mix and couldn't be easier or more decadent.
- 1 (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat all ingredients (except chocolate chips) until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter (it will be thick) into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Keep this cake covered at room temperature and it’s even better the next day. It doesn’t last much longer than that at my house!
Everyone needs a great chocolate cake like this in their recipe box. It’s perfect for almost any occasion, including special occasions.
Just be prepared to be asked for the recipe whenever you serve it! Your friends will thank you!
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: I can’t even remember where I originally got this recipe, but I’ve been making it for years.