CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE — This easy chicken dish, with a creamy mustard sauce, is on the table in about 20 minutes!
I found this recipe for Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce in a newly purchased cookbook, Everyday Food: Great Food Fast (from the kitchen’s of Martha Stewart Living).
It’s my new favorite cookbook. I love it so much I subscribed to Everyday Food magazine!
This chicken is a perfect example of the kind of recipes that are featured in the Everyday Food cookbooks and magazine. Quick, simple and delicious. Not to mention, who isn’t looking for new ways to cook chicken breasts?
I almost always have the ingredients on hand for this recipe, which is great for the nights I haven’t really planned anything for dinner and don’t want to spend a lot of time figuring out what to cook.
It’s not a bad idea to double the sauce, as that gives you plenty for the chicken, plus some left to spoon over a side of rice.
This meal is easy enough for a week night dinner, but fancy enough for company. My favorite kind of recipe! Trust me, this is one chicken dish you’ll be making over and over again!
Be sure to save this Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
This easy chicken dish, with a creamy mustard sauce, is on the table in about 20 minutes!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or oregano
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and saute until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Pour chicken broth into hot skillet.
- Whisk in the cream, mustard and tarragon or oregano. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Martha Stewart, in her Everyday Food series of recipes.