Scalloped potatoes are just so good! And this Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes recipe is simple and delicious. It’s a show stopping side dish for any meal, and definitely nice enough to serve with a holiday dinner.
As much as I’d love to eat potatoes covered in cream and cheese on a regular basis, I don’t think my metabolism is up to the task. But these are pretty amazing. It’s really hard to say no to seconds.
I usually end up using about 6 medium sized potatoes in this recipe and it seems to work out about right.
Russet and Yukon Gold are both good varieties to try in this dish, and I think red skinned potatoes would work well too. Let’s be honest, any potato is going to be good in this recipe, so use whatever you have on hand.
Be sure to save this Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
Classic scalloped potatoes made with real cream and Parmesan cheese.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes, until onion are soft.
- Stir in potatoes, cream, milk, salt, pepper and parsley; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring gently, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack, and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First : Adapted from myrecipes.com.